In order to hire a foreign worker, a Canadian employer must first apply for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from the Department of Labour, proving that no Canadian worker is available. Employers must also comply with several federal regulations to be allowed to hire a foreigner.

Extend or Change the Conditions of your stay

In many situations, foreign nationals may need to extend their status or change the conditions of their stay in Canada. It is essentially important to keep your temporary legal status in Canada, especially if you plan to stay here permanently in the future.

Status Restoration

In some critical situations, international students, foreign workers, and visitors may lose their status. Canada still allows restoring the status of the applicant under certain conditions. The Federal government allows status restoration within 90 days from the date of status expiration.

For information about Permanent Residence click here

For information about Temporary Residence click here